Featured Golf News
Work Continues on New Resort on Marylandís Eastern Shore
Bethesda-based Clark Construction Group is continuing to build the $71-million Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Resort hotel and residential community in Cambridge, located along Maryland's Eastern Shore.
The resort hotel and conference center is owned by the Maryland Economic Development Corporation and managed by Hyatt. The developer is Quadrangle Development, which is turning 350 acres into a waterfront paradise with a 400-room four-star hotel; an 18-hole championship golf course designed by Keith Foster; a 150-slip marina; and 600 single-family homes overlooking the course.
Other amenities include a 24,000-square-foot conference center and a 15,000-square-foot health and fitness spa. Plans for the development will include the installation of roadways, utilities and the protection of wildlife habitat. Last fall, eight holes were rough-shaped and four holes seeded. Grow-in resumed this spring. Construction will continue this year, with its opening scheduled for spring 2002.
- American Team All Set for Inaugural International Crown
- DeLaet Looking to Break Winless String for Canadians
- New Jersey's Apple Ridge Country Club Gets New Ownership
- Remodeled Country Club of Jackson to Host Sanderson Farms Championship
- USGA Announces Qualifying Sites for 2015 U.S. Amateur Four-Ball