Featured Golf News
Waldorf Sets Pace in Des Moines
Duffy Waldorf carded a 5-under 67 to take a one-stroke lead in the Principal Charity Classic. The $1.75 million Champions Tour event began Friday at the Wakonda Club in Des Moines.
The 50-year-old Waldorf had a birdie on the front nine before adding four more in five holes on the home half during his bogey-free round to reach 8-under 136, one shot ahead of Jay Don Blake (66) and Bart Bryant.
The 50-year-old Bryant, the younger brother of Champions Tour veteran Brad, carded four birdies each on the front and back nines for the low round of the tournament, an 8-under 64.
Alone in fourth at 138 is Russ Cochran (67), while another stroke back are Australia's Peter Senior (65), Michael Allen (67), David Eger (68), Loren Roberts (69) and Tom Lehman (70).
Kirk Triplett (68) and Mark Calcavecchia (70) share 10th at 140, while another stroke back are eight players. In the latter group is defending champion Jay Haas, who's shot rounds of 71 and 70.
For all the scores, visit http://www.pgatour.com/champions/leaderboard.html.
- McIlroy to Move from Golf Course to Courtroom
- 66th Hudson Cup & 23rd Senior Hudson Cup Matches Set this Week at Tualatin Country Club
- Green Slopes for Strategy
- The Architect's Progress - No Rough at Crestwood Gives the Course a Little Pine Valley & Prairie Dunes Flavor (Part 3)
- December a Big Month for Tiger - and Golf