Featured Golf News
Vicwood Golf Links
Having opened in April 1999, Vicwood is the newer of the two courses at the Meriwood Campus, a recreational-residential reserve south of Olympia. Vicwood is true to its name: very few trees line its 18 fairways, which wind over gently rolling terrain that, at several junctures, offers wonderful vistas of Puget Sound and Mt. Rainier.
Designed by Peter L.H. Thompson of San Francisco, Vicwood has five sets of tees and water on nine of its 18 holes. The course is quite walkable, as the distances between greens and tees is short and the topography isn’t overly daunting. From the back tees, the layout stretches 6,887 yards, where its rated 72.8 with a 123 slope. From the forward red tees, Vicwood is 5,202 yards and rated 69.5/112 for women.
To get more information or to book a tee time at this lovely “South Sound” course, call toll-free at 800/55-TEE-IT or go online at www.vicwoodgolf.com.
- Remodel of Historic Wilmington GC Complete
- McIlroy to Move from Golf Course to Courtroom
- 66th Hudson Cup & 23rd Senior Hudson Cup Matches Set this Week at Tualatin Country Club
- Green Slopes for Strategy
- The Architect's Progress - No Rough at Crestwood Gives the Course a Little Pine Valley & Prairie Dunes Flavor (Part 3)