Featured Golf News
USA Up 3-1 in Palmer Cup
The USA forged a 3-1 lead in the Palmer Cup before thunderstorms halted play Thursday at The Stanwich Club in Greenwich, Conn.
University of Washington sophomore Chris Williams and playing partner Daniel Miernick won their morning Four Ball match and were trailing in their Foursome match before play was postponed.
Williams and Miernicki, a junior from Oregon, beat the European duo of Robert Karlsson and Nick MacAndrew 4 and 3 in the morning but were trailing Jeff Karlsson and Robert Karlsson by a hole when play was suspended after eight holes. Action will resume Friday at 7:30 a.m. ET.
See the results from the other morning matches below.
Though the Americans enjoyed a 3-1 lead after the morning matches, the Europeans held a 3-1 advantage before the players were called off the course.
Four-Ball Matches Results
1. Bank Vongvanij/Andrew Yun, USA def. Sebastian Cappelen/Ignacio Elvira, Europe, 2 and 1
2. Nils Floren/Jeff Karlsson, Europe def. Patrick Cantlay/Alex Carpenter, USA, 4 and 2
3. Daniel Miernicki/Chris Williams, USA def. Robert Karlsson/Nick MacAndrew, Europe, 4 and 3
4. Blayne Barber/Russell Henley, USA def. Henrik Norlander, Pontus Widegren, Europe, 3 and 2
For all the scores and other news, visit http://www.palmercup.org.
- Remodel of Historic Wilmington GC Complete
- McIlroy to Move from Golf Course to Courtroom
- 66th Hudson Cup & 23rd Senior Hudson Cup Matches Set this Week at Tualatin Country Club
- Green Slopes for Strategy
- The Architect's Progress - No Rough at Crestwood Gives the Course a Little Pine Valley & Prairie Dunes Flavor (Part 3)