Featured Golf News
Update on Fox Ridge and Sebasco Estates
Work is continuing on the first 18 of the new 27-hole, links-style Fox Ridge Golf Course in the rolling hills near Auburn, Maine. Developer Lenny Mishral, owner of the golf course construction firm, Horizon Golf, began building the 215-acre public facility in spring 1999. The initial 18 holes may open as early as summer 2001.
Mishralís Freeport-based company is also working on a nine-hole remodel of the Sebasco Estates Golf Course in Phippsburg near Bath. Six new holes have been built and three more holes were redesigned to create an all-new nine-hole layout. Seeding occurred last fall, and the new holes should be ready for play this summer. Because of the number of rounds at Sebasco Estates, the facility is planning another nine holes. Architect Michael Zikorus will oversee the expansion.
- Remodel of Historic Wilmington GC Complete
- McIlroy to Move from Golf Course to Courtroom
- 66th Hudson Cup & 23rd Senior Hudson Cup Matches Set this Week at Tualatin Country Club
- Green Slopes for Strategy
- The Architect's Progress - No Rough at Crestwood Gives the Course a Little Pine Valley & Prairie Dunes Flavor (Part 3)