Featured Golf News
Trump Forms New Golf Company
Donald J. Trump has announced the formation of a new company, Trump Golf Management, LLC. Overseen by managing partners, Carolyn Kepcher and Ashley Cooper, the firm will consolidate the clubhouse and golf course operations, purchasing, human resources, member services, food and beverage operations, and marketing of the four courses developed by Trump.
"For years, golf has been my passion," said Trump, Chairman and President of The Trump Organization. "As I added more golf clubs into the Trump portfolio, golf became a meaningful business for us and it deserves the management skills and professionalism that Carolyn and Ashley bring to the table." Currently, Trump's investment in the golf industry exceeds $200 million.
The four golf clubs in the Trump portfolio include:
• Trump National Golf Club, Westchester, N.Y. (private membership, golf and residential community, designed by Jim Fazio);
• Trump National Golf Club, Bedminster, N.J. (private membership, Tom Fazio Design, opened in 2004, second 18-hole course currently in permitting stages);
• Trump International Golf Club, Palm Beach County, Fla. (private membership, site of the ADT Skills Challenge and the LPGA season-ending ADT Championship).
• Trump National Golf Club, Los Angeles, Calif. (18-hole, upscale public, opening in late spring 2005, to host the 2005 LPGA Office Depot Championship).
"With the formation of Trump Golf Management and the centralization of our operations, we will continue to work to improve on what is already a world-class golf experience for our members and guests," said Kepcher, who will continue to serve as Executive Vice President and COO of Trump's golf courses. "In addition, there will be significant cost savings realized by consolidating purchasing and through the centralization of our budgeting process," she added.
Cooper, who will continue in his role as chairman of the Bedminster property, will focus on membership development, marketing, and strategic planning for the new company. He will also interact with major golf organizations to attract national and international events for the Trump golf properties. "We will continue to grow our membership base by gradually exposing more and more of the golf community to the phenomenal projects we have developed over the last six years" said Cooper. Over the next few years, Cooper indicated that Trump Golf Management might seek to take its standards and golf operations expertise to the management of other high-end golf clubs.
For additional information, visit www.trumpnational.com or call Ashley Cooper at 908/470-4400 or Carolyn Kepcher at 914/944-0900.
- Remodel of Historic Wilmington GC Complete
- McIlroy to Move from Golf Course to Courtroom
- 66th Hudson Cup & 23rd Senior Hudson Cup Matches Set this Week at Tualatin Country Club
- Green Slopes for Strategy
- The Architect's Progress - No Rough at Crestwood Gives the Course a Little Pine Valley & Prairie Dunes Flavor (Part 3)