Featured Golf News
Tiger Enters British Open
According to a Golf Digest report, Tiger Woods has filed for entry in the British Open. The 2010 major championship will be held July 15-18 at St. Andrews, where Woods posted a 19-under-par total en route to his runaway nine-stroke victory in 2000.
Woods has been getting treatment for an inflamed facet joint in his neck, which caused him enough pain to withdraw midway through the final round of the Players Championship a few weeks ago.
Woods has also signed up for the U.S. Open at Pebble Beach June 17-20 and the AT&T National at Aronimink Golf Club outside Philadelphia June 29-July 4. Depending on the rehab for his neck injury, Woods next tournament may be the Memorial June 3-6 in Ohio.
Three of his 14 career major titles came in the British Open. Besides his landslide victory 10 years ago, Woods also won the Claret Jug in 2005 and '06.
- St. Andrews Set for Historic Vote
- Kingsley Club & Belvedere Are Northern Michigan Standouts
- McIlroy Wins PGA of America's Player of the Year & Vardon Trophy Awards
- Medalist & Six-Time USGA Champion Port Ousted as U.S. Senior Women's Amateur Moves on to Quarterfinals
- Lefty to Design Course in Calgary