Featured Golf News
Schwartzel & Madsen Share Halfway Lead in Alfred Dunhill Championship
Denmark's Morten Orum Madsen followed up his opening 7-under 65 with a 71 to tie for the 36-hole lead in the Alfred Dunhill Championship with South Africa's Charl Schwartzel. Schwartzel fired his second straight 68 at Leopard Creek Country Club in Malelane, South Africa.
First-round leader Madsen had a wild Friday, carding an eagle, five birdies, two bogeys and two doubles to reach 8-under 136. Schwartzel, the 2011 Masters champion, was much steadier on his four-birdie outing.
Madsen is looking for his second straight European Tour victory, after he won last week's South African Open by two strokes. His fast start gave him an early lead in the new Race to Dubai.
One stroke back are another Dane, Soren Hansen, and England's Ross Fisher, who each matched Friday's low round of 7-under 65.
In his second tournament following elbow surgery, American John Daly missed the cut after rounds of 72 and 75.
South Africa's Hennie Otto, second behind Madsen in the Race to Dubai, is tied for 12th at 4-under 140.
For all the scores, visit http://www.europeantour.com/europeantour/season=2014/tournamentid=2013095/leaderboard/index.html.
- Remodel of Historic Wilmington GC Complete
- McIlroy to Move from Golf Course to Courtroom
- 66th Hudson Cup & 23rd Senior Hudson Cup Matches Set this Week at Tualatin Country Club
- Green Slopes for Strategy
- The Architect's Progress - No Rough at Crestwood Gives the Course a Little Pine Valley & Prairie Dunes Flavor (Part 3)