Featured Golf News
Sal's Take on Tiger's Appearance
As might be expected, Sal Johnson of Golf Observer is all over the Tiger Woods' coming-out party at PGA Tour headquarters in Ponte Vedra Beach, Fla., Friday morning.
Sal writes: "What is amazing about this whole process, every network in America broke into normal programming to show Tiger's announcement (as) all the major golf websites ran the speech. What is really scary (is that) Woods commanded more time than the President of the United States. There was no way Obama could have made any live comments at the 11 o'clock (a.m.) hour because Woods was in just about every home, office and venue. I can bet you (that) for a two-hour stretch between 11 and 1, productivity around the world dropped as a good many folks, whether golfers or not, watched."
For Sal's full analysis of one remarkable day in the world of golf, visit http://www.golfobserver.com/blog/blognews/buzz/2010/02/19/tigerspeech.
- McIlroy to Move from Golf Course to Courtroom
- 66th Hudson Cup & 23rd Senior Hudson Cup Matches Set this Week at Tualatin Country Club
- Green Slopes for Strategy
- The Architect's Progress - No Rough at Crestwood Gives the Course a Little Pine Valley & Prairie Dunes Flavor (Part 3)
- December a Big Month for Tiger - and Golf