Featured Golf News
Robinson to Design Third Nine at The Chief
One of Canada's best known architects, John Robinson, is working on a design for another nine holes at The Chief Golf Club in Bellaire, Mich. The new side will be called Fire Stick Golf Club.
"The new course is less than a mile from The Chief on a wonderful scenic piece of wooded property with dramatic elevation changes. Clearing will be under way very shortly. This course will have a much different look than either The Chief or Hawk's Eye. I'm looking forward to creating an absolute masterpiece in this beautiful area of Michigan," said Robinson.
Robinson also indicated that Birch Falls, an unfinished course near Hillman, Mich., is dead. A DEQ lawsuit against the owners for erosion damage to nearby streams caused his clients to back off. This is the first project of Robinson's to have failed in his 38 years in the business.
- Remodel of Historic Wilmington GC Complete
- McIlroy to Move from Golf Course to Courtroom
- 66th Hudson Cup & 23rd Senior Hudson Cup Matches Set this Week at Tualatin Country Club
- Green Slopes for Strategy
- The Architect's Progress - No Rough at Crestwood Gives the Course a Little Pine Valley & Prairie Dunes Flavor (Part 3)