Featured Golf News
Roberts Takes Toshiba Classic
Loren Roberts closed out his 13th Champions Tour title in style with a birdie on the par-5 18th hole at Newport Beach Country Club to win the Toshiba Classic. Roberts' victory was worth $262,500.
Roberts, whose previous win on the senior circuit came in the 2010 Dick's Sporting Goods Open, shot a 2-under 69 on the second straight blustery day in Southern California. On Sunday, he carded six birdies and four bogeys. Three of those bogeys came on the 14th through 17th holes, shrinking his lead to one.
But the birdie on the last gave the 56-year-old a 2-under 69 and an 8-under 205 total for a two-stroke margin over Tom Kite (69), Bernhard Langer (70) and Mark Calcavecchia. Calcavecchia started the final round with a two-shot lead over Fred Couples and Roberts, but closed with a 2-over 73.
Joey Sindelar (70), Mark McNulty (71) and David Eger (71) shared fourth at 208, while another stroke back at 4-under 209 were John Huston (69), Steve Pate (70), Bobby Clampett (70) and Couples (73).
Defending champion Nick Price had a 73 and finished tied for 19th at 2-over 211 in the 54-hole event.
For all the scores, visit http://www.pgatour.com/leaderboards/current/s573/.
- Golf Among Many Attractions In & Around Portsmouth, New Hampshire
- Billy Casper Golf's 'Women on Course' Grows Participation by 400 Percent
- Two Share Lead in ISPS HANDA Perth International
- Korda off to Good Start in China
- McCollum new Director of Partner Development at Ben Hogan Golf Equipment Company