Featured Golf News
River Bend Gets First Pro
In late February 2001, River Bend Golf Course announced that it had hired its first-ever golf pro. Jon Stein, a PGA professional for 18 years, was hired by Joe Bideganeta, River Bendís founder and the facilityís current general manager. Stein served as the head pro at Broadmore Country Club and Boise Ranch before going to work at Farm City Driving Range in Caldwell. While at Farm City Stein taught and ran tournaments at River Bend.
River Bend began as a nine-hole course in 1994, and was later expanded to 18 holes. The par-72 course in Wilder stretches 6,432 yards. Green fees range from $16 for weekdays to $18 for weekends. Stein will institute private and group lessons at the course with an emphasis on beginners, both children and adults. For a tee time, call 208/482-7169.
- McIlroy to Move from Golf Course to Courtroom
- 66th Hudson Cup & 23rd Senior Hudson Cup Matches Set this Week at Tualatin Country Club
- Green Slopes for Strategy
- The Architect's Progress - No Rough at Crestwood Gives the Course a Little Pine Valley & Prairie Dunes Flavor (Part 3)
- December a Big Month for Tiger - and Golf