Featured Golf News
North Carolina's Andrews One Up in Sahalee Players Championship
Bo Andrews carded an even-par 72 to forge a one-stroke lead heading into the final round of the 20th Sahalee Players Championship at Sahalee Country Club in Sammamish, Wash.
The redshirt senior from Raleigh, N.C., is just ahead of Zachary Blair of Ogden, Utah, Kevin Carrigan of Victoria, B.C., and 36-hole leader Andrew Yun of Chandler, Ariz, heading into Wednesday's final round.
Eleven players are within five shots of Andrews, a Georgia Tech player who finished second at the Northeast Amateur two weeks ago.
Of the 66 international amateurs in the field, Carrigan had the best round of the day, a 2-under par 70. Only five players broke par at Sahalee.
At one point on the front nine, Yun stood at 7-under par and enjoyed a three-stroke lead. But five bogeys in the final 12 holes - against only one birdie - resulted in a 3-over 75.
The first tee time for Wednesday's final round will be at 8:00 a.m. PT, with the leaders teeing off at 11:30.
The above report is courtesy of the Pacific Northwest Golf Association. For more information, visit www.thepnga.org.
For more information on the Sahalee Players Championship and live scoring, visit www.sahaleeplayerschampionship.com.
- Remodel of Historic Wilmington GC Complete
- McIlroy to Move from Golf Course to Courtroom
- 66th Hudson Cup & 23rd Senior Hudson Cup Matches Set this Week at Tualatin Country Club
- Green Slopes for Strategy
- The Architect's Progress - No Rough at Crestwood Gives the Course a Little Pine Valley & Prairie Dunes Flavor (Part 3)