Featured Golf News
Pro Mental Coach Reports 2.5 Stroke Per Round Reduction From Player Testing Conducted at PGA Center for Golf Learning and Performance
January 2, 2012. Brain Center International (BCI) announces the latest six-week field-training of its Pro Mental Coach - golf's first and only mental coaching software designed to help players master the game, play smarter and lower scores - has shown players of all abilities improve scoring by an average of 2.5 strokes per round.
Conducted at the PGA Center for Golf Learning and Performance in Port St. Lucie, Fla., the testing featured male and female players aged 25 to 77 with handicaps ranging from scratch to 33. With participants using Pro Mental Coach one hour per week, initial testing confirmed:
• Lower Scores - An average reduction of scores by 2.5 strokes; all participants citing the software as positively impacting performance
• Increased Focus - 78 percent of participants confirming Pro Mental Coach allowed them to manage stress better on the course and relax throughout the round
• Deeper Love of the Game - Enhanced enjoyment of the game reported by 88 percent of testers
• Overall Impact of Pro Mental Coach - 100 percent of participants recommended the program to others; 88 percent modified their mental approach as a result of training. Many provided feedback and testimonials, which can be found on the company website.
"This study confirms our internal testing and industry research that proven regular, targeted mental training strengthens the brain muscle," says Dr. Stephane Bergeron, founder of BCI. "Pro Mental Coach ingrains a new approach to enhance performance through improved focus, motivation, stress management, confidence, endurance and ability to bounce back from bad shots."
PC and Mac compatible, Pro Mental Coach ($139.95) is powered by a proprietary Dynamic Intelligence System. This breakthrough neuroscience technology was developed by BCI in collaboration with medical centers. It is used in clinical research funded by National Institutes of Health (NIH).
Dramatically different from books and DVDs, Pro Mental Coach continuously interacts with users and adjusts exergame difficulty levels in real time according to performance. This personalizes each training session, creating a fully customized regimen to deliver maximum benefits in the shortest period of time.
Unique features of Pro Mental Coach include:
• Assessment and full diagnostic of a user's mental game strengths and weaknesses
• Customized training program that matches the users' skills
• Tracking and evaluation of performance from each training session
• Ability for PGA Professionals to access a student's mental game profile
For more information, visit www.ProMentalCoach.com or call 877/743-8776.
About PGA Village
The Ryder, Wanamaker and Dye Courses form a trio of world-class courses at the PGA Golf Club, at PGA Village in Port St. Lucie, Fla. Named by Golf Digest as one of the "75 Best Golf Resorts in North America," PGA Village also features the award-winning, 35-acre PGA Center for Golf Learning and Performance and the PGA Museum of Golf. PGA Golf Club exists to be one of the premier public-access resort facilities in America, complete with a Private Members Club, and also serves as the home club for our 27,000 PGA Professionals. For more information, visit www.pgavillage.com.
About Brain Center International
Brain Center International, the worldwide leader in brain fitness programs that work out the "brain muscle," is a privately owned neuroscience company. Using cutting-edge research and technology, its team of neuropsychologists, MDs, computer specialists and sport experts develop innovative, interactive programs in collaboration with universities and medical centers. These include Pro Mental Coach Golf (www.ProMentalCoach.com), the NeuroActive collection for brain fitness - Memory, Complete Brain, Learning (www.NeuroActiveProgram.com) and the Brain Bike (www.theBrainBike.com) - unique and powerful tools to help improve brain power and the mental game. Brain Center International is a partner with the Canada Media Fund, whose mission is to promote innovative content and digital applications through financial support and industry research.
- American Team All Set for Inaugural International Crown
- DeLaet Looking to Break Winless String for Canadians
- New Jersey's Apple Ridge Country Club Gets New Ownership
- Remodeled Country Club of Jackson to Host Sanderson Farms Championship
- USGA Announces Qualifying Sites for 2015 U.S. Amateur Four-Ball