Featured Golf News
Playing a Round Is Easier Than Ever with Release of 11th Edition of California Golf
January 21, 2005. For more than 15 years, California Golf—The Complete Guide has been the #1 source of information for golfers interested in the variety of courses offered in the Golden State. The eleventh edition was released in January 2005, rewritten and edited by well-known golf writer George Fuller, with a new sleek and easy-to-use format. The golf guide is available at bookstores and through online booksellers.
As California Golf reveals, state courses abound, and the selection—which includes mountain courses in Tahoe, coastal classics in Pebble Beach and Half Moon Bay, and renovated desert spots in and around Palm Springs—is better than ever. The complete guide provides the following details:
· Phone numbers, driving directions, green fees, and play policy for every course
· Thorough narrative descriptions of all 890 golf facilities, with 34 new courses
· Author’s picks, including Top 50 Courses Open to the Public, Top 30 Overall, Top 10 California Bargains, and Top 20 California Golf Resorts
· Helpful new tips about bargain courses
· Extensive information on women's tees and insight on which courses are women-friendly
· Gorgeous black and white photos and detailed maps, plus introductions to each chapter so readers know what to expect before they go
According to The Golfer magazine, this is “the book every golfer needs to make the most out of playing the game in California.” The Desert Sun has dubbed it “The bible of California golf courses.”
About the Author
Author and photographer George Fuller has been covering golf and travel for more than 15 years. He has written for many newspapers and magazines, including Robb Report, Travel +Leisure Golf, Time, San Francisco Chronicle, GOLF Magazine, Los Angeles Times and the PGA Tour’s web site and Cybergolf.com. Fuller is currently editor-in-chief of the new Golf Living magazine, to be published by Tribune Company beginning in summer 2005.
|Print this Story|