Featured Golf News
Phelps to Debut on 'The Haney Project'
Michael Phelps will soon be heading from the swimming pool to the golf course. The most decorated Olympic athlete of all time will participate in Golf Channel's "The Haney Project."
Phelps will be instructor Hank Haney's subject when the program returns for Season 5, joining previous celebrity amateurs ranging from former NBA star Charles Barkley, comedian-actor Ray Romano and rock music's Adam Levine.
Production on the show begins in September. Phelps, who retired from swimming competition after the recently completed London Games, won 22 medals - including 18 gold - in three Olympics.
"As I enter this next chapter of my life, I think I will be able to shift my competitiveness to anything I put my mind to and golf is one of the things I want to focus on," Phelps said in a statement. "I want to play all the world's great golf courses, but I'd like to play them well. I'm excited about this project with Golf Channel and I'm looking forward to working with Hank and see what we can do together on the golf course."
Also featured in the Phelps' episodes will be his mother, Debbie Phelps, longtime swim coach Bob Bowman, and friends.
- Finalists Set for U.S. Senior Women's Amateur Championship
- St. Andrews Set for Historic Vote
- Kingsley Club & Belvedere Are Northern Michigan Standouts
- McIlroy Wins PGA of America's Player of the Year & Vardon Trophy Awards
- Medalist & Six-Time USGA Champion Port Ousted as U.S. Senior Women's Amateur Moves on to Quarterfinals