Featured Golf News
Pettersen on Top of North Texas LPGA Shootout
Norway's Suzann Pettersen opened with a 5-under 66 for the 18-hole lead in the North Texas LPGA Shootout. The $1.3 million, 72-hole event began Thursday at Las Colinas Country Club in Irving, Texas.
The 33-year-old Pettersen, who was recently forced to sit out of competition for almost a month due to a back injury, carded three birdies on the front nine and two more on the back on the par-71 layout.
Sharing second after 67s are Americans Cristie Kerr, Michelle Wie, Cyndey Clainton, Christina Kim and Dori Carter along with Germany's Caroline Masson.
Another stroke back are Thailand's P.K. Kongkraphan, China's Xi Yu Lin and American Amelia Lewis.
Defending champion and No. 1-ranked Inbee Park opened with a 71. Playing in her first tournament since winning April's Kraft Nabisco Championship, Lexi Thompson recorded a 70.
No. 3-ranked Stacy Lewis had a 71.
No. 2-ranked Lydia Ko, the winner in last week's Swinging Skirts LPGA Classic, is not entered in the North Texas LPGA Shootout.
For complete scoring, visit www.lpga.com.
- McIlroy to Move from Golf Course to Courtroom
- 66th Hudson Cup & 23rd Senior Hudson Cup Matches Set this Week at Tualatin Country Club
- Green Slopes for Strategy
- The Architect's Progress - No Rough at Crestwood Gives the Course a Little Pine Valley & Prairie Dunes Flavor (Part 3)
- December a Big Month for Tiger - and Golf