Featured Golf News
Perry Takes over Top Spot in Ace Group Classic
On Saturday, Kenny Perry matched Larry Mize's tournament-record tying 10-under 62 in the opening round to take a three-shot lead in after 36 holes of the Ace Group Classic. The $1.6 million Champions Tour event started Friday on the Talon Course at TwinEagles Golf Club in Naples, Fla.
Perry carded 11 birdies and a lone bogey in the second round to go to 18-under 125 and forge a three-shot gap between him and Mize. Mize, who tied the event record established by Gary Koch in 2004, shot a 67. Perry's 36-hole total smashed the tournament record by four strokes.
Four strokes out of the lead is Tom Lehman (66), five back is defending champion Bernhard Langer (65) and seven back is Mike Goodes (68).
Perry's scorecard showed a pair of nine-hole scores of 5-under 31. The 51-year-old from Kentucky, who needed only 24 putts Saturday, is seeking his second victory on the over-50 circuit after his maiden win in the SAS Championship last October.
David Frost (66), Joey Sindelar (66), Bill Glasson (66), Jay Haas (68) and Russ Cochran (7) are tied for sixth at 10-under 134.
For all the scores, visit http://www.pgatour.com/leaderboards/current/s552/.
- Western Amateur Update: Hardy Dominates; Campbell Wins in 23 Holes; Ghim Loses Epic Match to Hossler; Aussies, New Zealanders Out
- Watney Pushes Lead at Barracuda Championship
- Sergio Muy Caliente at Firestone
- Dawson Up by One at 3M Championship; Langer One Back
- FOX Sports' Golf-Broadcasting Team Filling Up