Featured Golf News
New Par-3 Opens in Indio
The North Course at Shadow Hills Golf Club in Indio, Calif., opened for public play on February 1st.
Designed by Schmidt-Curley, the layout in the third phase of the Sun City Shadow Hills utilizes natural plant materials that consume less water and promote ecologically-friendly agronomic practices.
Sporting Bermuda grass and dotted with flowering shrubs, the par-3 track has holes ranging from 135 to 210 yards, with bunkers or lakes on every hole. Only 40 percent of the course is turf.
"The North Course is a departure from the typical, California-desert layout," says Brian Curley, principal of Schmidt-Curley Design. "Rather than featuring wall-to-wall manicured turf, it's punctuated by natural waste areas evoking a feel more typically associated with Sonoran Desert, 'target golf' courses."
"We're thrilled with the overwhelmingly positive response by people who have sneak-previewed the course," said Bob Paradise, director of Land Development for Sun City Shadow Hills. "The perfect mix of water-efficiency, diverse play and stunning natural beauty makes this course special."
For more information about the Shadow Hills North or a tee time, call 760/625-1534.
- Golf Among Many Attractions In & Around Portsmouth, New Hampshire
- Billy Casper Golf's 'Women on Course' Grows Participation by 400 Percent
- Two Share Lead in ISPS HANDA Perth International
- Korda off to Good Start in China
- McCollum new Director of Partner Development at Ben Hogan Golf Equipment Company