Featured Golf News
New Networking Site for Golfers
May 19, 2006. Golf Spinner has launched a new free social networking website where golfers can share their love for the sport with friends.
The free site is open to players of all skill levels and has many features. Members can build detailed golf profiles, upload photos, create groups, list classifieds, track game stats, and invite buddies to their network. Additional features allow members to compare their golf rounds, with rounds posted by others in their buddy list or group, and then receive a ranking based on areas such as greens hit, putts per hole, and scoring average.
Unlike many general social networking sites, Golf Spinner aims at a niche group. The inspiration came from two college buddies, Rodney Aspiras and Jonell Galang, who were looking for better ways to track and share their golf game with friends. Hundreds of air golf swings later, Golf Spinner was launched.
Aspiras stated, “Whether it is sharing your game performance with friends, or blogging about the leaderboard at the latest PGA Tour event, Golf Spinner is a great place to add your own spin on the game.”
- Remodel of Historic Wilmington GC Complete
- McIlroy to Move from Golf Course to Courtroom
- 66th Hudson Cup & 23rd Senior Hudson Cup Matches Set this Week at Tualatin Country Club
- Green Slopes for Strategy
- The Architect's Progress - No Rough at Crestwood Gives the Course a Little Pine Valley & Prairie Dunes Flavor (Part 3)