Featured Golf News
New Hospitality Area Underway at Augusta National
Masters Tournament patrons will have a new place to enjoy fine good and drink at the 2013 event at Augusta National. Construction has started on the new venue at the grounds of the private club.
Located inside the club's back entrance at Gate 9 on Berckmans Road, the facility will be called Berckmans Place and only a short walk from the fifth and 13th greens.
The structure will encompass nearly 90,000 square feet. It will have two above-ground stories as well as a basement. The air-conditioned building will be built in the traditional Southern architectural style that matches the club's other buildings.
Sports Business Journal, which first reported the story, estimates that badges to Berckmans Place will cost $6,000 each.
- St. Andrews Set for Historic Vote
- Kingsley Club & Belvedere Are Northern Michigan Standouts
- McIlroy Wins PGA of America's Player of the Year & Vardon Trophy Awards
- Medalist & Six-Time USGA Champion Port Ousted as U.S. Senior Women's Amateur Moves on to Quarterfinals
- Lefty to Design Course in Calgary