Featured Golf News
New Golf Trail Formed in Kansas
Kansas has joined the growing number of states and regions that have formed their own golf trail. Called the Sunflower Golf Trail (SGT), the group involves 11 golf courses.
The facilities include: Emporia Municipal Golf Course, Stagg Hill in Manhattan, Rolling Meadows in Junction City, Salina Municipal Golf Course, Hays Municipal Golf Course, Turkey Creek in McPherson, Carey Park in Hutchinson, Hesston Golf Park, Prairie Trails in El Dorado, Quail Ridge in Winfield, and Mariah Hills in Dodge City.
Golfers who purchase a membership package at one of the participating courses will enjoy a fee of $20 per round, which includes green fees and a cart. For example, a single annual membership for 2012 at Fort Hays is $385.
Members will have access to any of the other 10 courses when their home course is closed for tournaments or maintenance. SGT tournaments for 2012 are now in the planning stages.
Membership cards became available January 1. Further details are pending.
- McIlroy to Move from Golf Course to Courtroom
- 66th Hudson Cup & 23rd Senior Hudson Cup Matches Set this Week at Tualatin Country Club
- Green Slopes for Strategy
- The Architect's Progress - No Rough at Crestwood Gives the Course a Little Pine Valley & Prairie Dunes Flavor (Part 3)
- December a Big Month for Tiger - and Golf