Featured Golf News
Muirfield and Hillside to Host Upcoming British Amateurs
The British Amateur will be played at Muirfield, the home of the Honourable Company of Edinburgh Golfers, on June 14-19, 2010. The following year Hillside will host the event on June 20-25.
Both venues have hosted R&A Championships. But itís Muirfield, with a timeline stretching back to 1744, that has an almost unrivaled 'collection' of Open and Amateur Championships. The Open has been played there 15 times. In 2010, the Amateur will be returning for the 11th time since it was first played over the East Lothian links in 1897.
In 2011, Hillside will be celebrating its centennial with the return of the Amateur Championship after a break of 32 years. The only previous time the Amateur was played there was in 1979, when American Jay Sigel defeated fellow countryman Scott Hoch 3 & 2 in the final.
- American Team All Set for Inaugural International Crown
- DeLaet Looking to Break Winless String for Canadians
- New Jersey's Apple Ridge Country Club Gets New Ownership
- Remodeled Country Club of Jackson to Host Sanderson Farms Championship
- USGA Announces Qualifying Sites for 2015 U.S. Amateur Four-Ball