Featured Golf News
Memorial Service Scheduled for Conrad Rehling
The University of Alabama will hold a memorial service to honor former University of Alabama golf coach Conrad Rehling on Friday, November 2 at the Jerry Pate Center at Ol' Colony Club in Tuscaloosa.
Rehling died at age 87 on April 3, 2007 in Hiawassee, Ga., were he and his wife moved a few years ago from Tuscaloosa in order to be closer to family.
Former Alabama golfers as well as the Tuscaloosa community are invited to attend the memorial service, which will be at 10 a.m. CT on the back deck of the Jerry Pate Center. The recently completed deck is being dedicated to Coach Rehling that morning as well.
Rehling was Alabama's head golf coach from 1972 until he retired in 1988. He coached Alabama to its only golf Southeastern Conference Championship in 1979.
During his retirement he became very active in coaching physically impaired golfers. In fact the PGA of America honored Rehling for his work, giving him a Lifetime Achievement Award, and Special Olympics honored him by establishing the Conrad Rehling Award. He was one of the founders of the Special Olympics' golf program.
- Remodel of Historic Wilmington GC Complete
- McIlroy to Move from Golf Course to Courtroom
- 66th Hudson Cup & 23rd Senior Hudson Cup Matches Set this Week at Tualatin Country Club
- Green Slopes for Strategy
- The Architect's Progress - No Rough at Crestwood Gives the Course a Little Pine Valley & Prairie Dunes Flavor (Part 3)