Featured Golf News
Lee Leads Founders Cup
South Korea's Mirim Lee fired an 8-under 64 to take the opening-round lead in the JTBC Founders Cup. The $1.5 million LPGA Tour event began Thursday on the Wildfire course at JW Marriott Phoenix Desert Ridge Resort & Spa in Arizona.
The relatively unknown Lee had three birdies and a bogey on the front nine before accelerating on the back with six birdies for a 6-under 30 and an 8-under 64, a shot ahead of Morgan Pressel.
Another stroke back at 66 are Sweden's Pernilla Lindberg, Aussie Karrie Webb, South Koreans Eun-Hee Ji and Inbee Park, Scotland's Catriona Matthew, and Americans Stacy Lewis, Michelle Wie and Gerina Piller.
Lewis is the defending champion, and Park is the No. 1-rated female golfer in the world.
The most recent LPGA Tour winner - three weeks ago in Singapore - Paula Creamer, had a 70.
Undoing her round was a double-bogey on the par-4 eighth. "Just one bad swing on the tee shot and hit in the hazard," Creamer said.
For complete scoring, visit http://www.lpgascoring.com/public/Leaderboard.aspx.
- Remodel of Historic Wilmington GC Complete
- McIlroy to Move from Golf Course to Courtroom
- 66th Hudson Cup & 23rd Senior Hudson Cup Matches Set this Week at Tualatin Country Club
- Green Slopes for Strategy
- The Architect's Progress - No Rough at Crestwood Gives the Course a Little Pine Valley & Prairie Dunes Flavor (Part 3)