Featured Golf News
Kite & Cook atop First Tee Open at Pebble Beach
Tom Kite and John Cook fired 5-under 67s to share the opening-round lead in the First Tee Open at Pebble Beach. The $1.7 million Champions Tour event started Friday on California's Monterey Peninsula.
Both Kite and Cook posted their scores on Del Monte Golf Course; the other venue in the tournament is Pebble Beach Golf Links, which will be the site of Sunday's final round in the 54-hole tournament where the senior players are paired with junior golfers.
A stroke behind - all made on Del Monte - are Mark McNulty, Loren Roberts and Tom Pernice Jr. Mark Calcavecchia, Corey Pavin and Gary Hallberg had 69s on Del Monte, while the low round at Pebble Beach was a 69 by Brad Bryant.
The first round began under overcast skies and temperatures in the 50s; the sun came out in the afternoon and warmed up to the 60s.
For updated scoring, visit http://www.pgatour.com/s/leaderboard.
- American Team All Set for Inaugural International Crown
- DeLaet Looking to Break Winless String for Canadians
- New Jersey's Apple Ridge Country Club Gets New Ownership
- Remodeled Country Club of Jackson to Host Sanderson Farms Championship
- USGA Announces Qualifying Sites for 2015 U.S. Amateur Four-Ball