Featured Golf News
Hoakalei Country Club Nearly Complete
The Ernie Els-designed Hoakalei Country Club on the island of Oahu in Hawaii will open after the first of the year. Visitors to Hawaii will be able to tee off at the private course during the inaugural Els Hoakalei Cup charitable golf tournament on Tuesday, January 13, as part of the grand opening.
The course is part of a new master-planned community under development by Haseko. The layout spans 248 acres and offers open vistas of the Ewa coastline. Numerous water features and strategically placed bunkers are woven throughout the design.
The par-72, 7,400-yard track will offer four sets of tees. Grassed with salt-tolerant Seashore Paspalum turf, the course will feature a unique double fairway on the 7th hole that will force players to make a decision off the tee. The par-3 12th also boasts an "island" green.
A native of South Africa, Els has developed a burgeoning reputation as a designer of courses around the world. He is also a three-time major champion with more than 60 professional tournament wins worldwide. This is only his second course in the United States and first in Hawaii.
- Remodel of Historic Wilmington GC Complete
- McIlroy to Move from Golf Course to Courtroom
- 66th Hudson Cup & 23rd Senior Hudson Cup Matches Set this Week at Tualatin Country Club
- Green Slopes for Strategy
- The Architect's Progress - No Rough at Crestwood Gives the Course a Little Pine Valley & Prairie Dunes Flavor (Part 3)