Featured Golf News
Griffin Wins Washington Open Invitational
Tacoma Country & Golf Club assistant pro Chris Griffin closed with a final-round 4-under 68 Wednesday at Meridian Valley Country Club in Kent to win the Washington Open Invitational.
The 38-year-old Griffin had a 54-hole total of 8-under 208, earning $6,000 for the win. He finished two strokes ahead of amateur Erik Hanson of Sahalee Country Club.
Sharing third were professionals Mike Roters of Gateway Golf in Clarkston, Wash., and Matt Cowell of Lake Padden Golf Course in Bellingham. The 2007 and 2011 champion, Tim Feenstra of Broadmoor Golf Club in Seattle, ended up in fifth.
Cowell began the final round with a three-stroke lead after rounds of 69 and 68, but could only muster a 74 in the last round.
- McIlroy to Move from Golf Course to Courtroom
- 66th Hudson Cup & 23rd Senior Hudson Cup Matches Set this Week at Tualatin Country Club
- Green Slopes for Strategy
- The Architect's Progress - No Rough at Crestwood Gives the Course a Little Pine Valley & Prairie Dunes Flavor (Part 3)
- December a Big Month for Tiger - and Golf