Featured Golf News
Grand Slam of Golf Set for Next Week
The 30th PGA Grand Slam of Golf is all set for next week. The two-day event, which features the year's four major winners, will be held October 23-24 at Port Royal Golf Course in Bermuda.
The participants include Masters' winner Bubba Watson, U.S. Open champion Webb Simpson and British Open champion Ernie Els. The three will be joined by 2011 PGA champion and the defending PGA Grand Slam winner Keegan Bradley. Reigning PGA winner Rory McIlroy won't be able to play has he previously committed to compete in next week's BMW Masters in Shanghai, China.
The PGA Grand Slam of Golf features a $1.35 million purse, with the winner receiving $600,000; second place $300,000; third $250,000 and fourth $200,000. The tournament will be broadcast worldwide on TNT.
Port Royal is a 6,845-yard, par-71 public course that opened in 1970. The PGA Grand Slam of Golf was established in 1979 and has grown from an 18-hole, single-day event to a 36-hole showdown.
Past PGA Grand Slam of Golf champions include Tiger Woods, Phil Mickelson, Jim Furyk, Tom Lehman, Ben Crenshaw, Greg Norman and Nick Price. Els will be making his fourth appearance; the South African won in 2010.
For more information, visit www.pga.com.
- McIlroy to Move from Golf Course to Courtroom
- 66th Hudson Cup & 23rd Senior Hudson Cup Matches Set this Week at Tualatin Country Club
- Green Slopes for Strategy
- The Architect's Progress - No Rough at Crestwood Gives the Course a Little Pine Valley & Prairie Dunes Flavor (Part 3)
- December a Big Month for Tiger - and Golf