Featured Golf News
Goodes Sets Pace on Champions Tour
Mike Goodes carded a 3-under 69 for a one-stroke lead in the Insperity Championship. The $1.8 million Champions Tour event began on a chilly, windy Friday that yielded few birdies at The Woodlands Country Club in Texas.
Goodes, a 56-year-old from North Carolina in search of his second title on the over-50 circuit, had four birdies and a bogey to go up by one over Gene Sauers after 18 holes.
The only other players to break par with 71s were Brian Henninger, Mark Brooks, Hal Sutton, Michael Allen and Mark Bucek.
Defending champion Fred Funk opened with a 75. Other scores included a 77 by Charles Schwab Cup leader Bernhard Langer, and a 78 by two-time senior major winner Roger Chapman.
For complete scoring details, visit http://www.pgatour.com/champions/tournaments/insperity-championship/leaderboard.html.
- Remodel of Historic Wilmington GC Complete
- McIlroy to Move from Golf Course to Courtroom
- 66th Hudson Cup & 23rd Senior Hudson Cup Matches Set this Week at Tualatin Country Club
- Green Slopes for Strategy
- The Architect's Progress - No Rough at Crestwood Gives the Course a Little Pine Valley & Prairie Dunes Flavor (Part 3)