Featured Golf News
Goodes in Front at Boeing Classic
Mike Goodes fired an 8-under 64 at TPC Snoqualmie Ridge east of Seattle to take the first-round lead in the $2 million Boeing Classic, a Champions Tour event.
The 57-year-old Goodes, a native of North Carolina with one victory on the over-50 circuit, posted six birdies and an eagle for a one-stroke edge over Mark Brooks.
Gene Sauers, Scott Hoch, Mark O'Meara, Jeff Sluman and Mark McNulty each had 66s, while another stroke back heading into Friday's second round are Tommy Armour III, Mark Calcavecchia, David Frost and Woody Austin.
Hometown favorite Fred Couples opened with a 71, and defending champion John Riegger carded a 73.
For all the scores, visit http://www.pgatour.com/champions/leaderboard.html.
- Finalists Set for U.S. Senior Women's Amateur Championship
- St. Andrews Set for Historic Vote
- Kingsley Club & Belvedere Are Northern Michigan Standouts
- McIlroy Wins PGA of America's Player of the Year & Vardon Trophy Awards
- Medalist & Six-Time USGA Champion Port Ousted as U.S. Senior Women's Amateur Moves on to Quarterfinals