Featured Golf News
Goodes in Front at Boeing Classic
Mike Goodes fired an 8-under 64 at TPC Snoqualmie Ridge east of Seattle to take the first-round lead in the $2 million Boeing Classic, a Champions Tour event.
The 57-year-old Goodes, a native of North Carolina with one victory on the over-50 circuit, posted six birdies and an eagle for a one-stroke edge over Mark Brooks.
Gene Sauers, Scott Hoch, Mark O'Meara, Jeff Sluman and Mark McNulty each had 66s, while another stroke back heading into Friday's second round are Tommy Armour III, Mark Calcavecchia, David Frost and Woody Austin.
Hometown favorite Fred Couples opened with a 71, and defending champion John Riegger carded a 73.
For all the scores, visit http://www.pgatour.com/champions/leaderboard.html.
- McIlroy to Move from Golf Course to Courtroom
- 66th Hudson Cup & 23rd Senior Hudson Cup Matches Set this Week at Tualatin Country Club
- Green Slopes for Strategy
- The Architect's Progress - No Rough at Crestwood Gives the Course a Little Pine Valley & Prairie Dunes Flavor (Part 3)
- December a Big Month for Tiger - and Golf