Featured Golf News
GolfLogix Unveils New Interactive GPS Features for World's No. 1 Golf App
March 22, 2012. GolfLogix has further enhanced its industry-best platform with a wide range of features providing members additional tools to improve course management and play better golf.
Easily downloaded from www.GolfLogix.com or App Stores such as iTunes, Android Marketplace and BlackBerry App World, the software is compatible with more than 60 smartphone models. Innovative new elements that will automatically update for current GolfLogix Champion members:
• Club tracking - U.S. Patent 6,582,328 gives GolfLogix exclusive rights to accurately capture club distances and locations of logged clubs, overlying shots on hole imagery to produce a mapped history of every round
• Aerial flyover - Similar to what's seen on TV, high-end birds-eye imagery provides a video tour of each hole from tee to green
• Pin position - No need for lasers; zoom in to get specific GPS distances to the pin or any other key points (hazards, landing zones) on any hole
• Digital yardage book notes - Like Tour stars and caddies, create and save critical notes directly on hole imagery (ex: false front 12 yards from edge of green; fairway slopes right-to-left toward water 250 yards from tee box)
"Unlike devices that aren't able to evolve and keep pace with innovation, we continually invest in and refine our unique offerings by incorporating the latest technologies," says Pete Charleston, President of GolfLogix. "The new software was created based on feedback from the GolfLogix community, which we quickly shaped into features our 1.5 million members will repeatedly use and enjoy."
In addition to the upgraded Champion membership which costs less than $20 annually, the free GolfLogix app provides accurate distances to the center of the green, yardage book quality imagery, scorekeeping and in-round pro-level stat tracking for more than 30,000 courses worldwide. All existing Club members will get a free round credit to try all of the new 2012 Champion member features.
Starting in mid-2012, the GolfLogix app will feature instructional videos and tips from the Golf Digest teaching vault. As the software continuously captures a player's stats during the round, personalized feedback, instant advice, tips and drills will be sent to his or her smartphone for review and comparison against previous rounds.
All GolfLogix levels include access to the Member Clubhouse, the No. 1 online golf community where millions interact through social forums, offer challenges to fellow golfers and maintain an indexed handicap. Personal web pages for each user also store performance statistics, so every round can be analyzed by fairways hit, greens in regulation, putting, shot trends and more. For more information, visit www.GolfLogix.com or call 877/977-0162.
- American Team All Set for Inaugural International Crown
- DeLaet Looking to Break Winless String for Canadians
- New Jersey's Apple Ridge Country Club Gets New Ownership
- Remodeled Country Club of Jackson to Host Sanderson Farms Championship
- USGA Announces Qualifying Sites for 2015 U.S. Amateur Four-Ball