Featured Golf News
Golf Architect Association Updates Environmental Guide
The Environmental Committee of the American Society of Golf Course Architects (ASGCA) has published the third edition of "An Environmental Approach to Golf Course Development." The first edition of the book was released in 1992 as a reference for those considering developing or remodeling a golf course. It was updated and republished in 1999. All three editions have been written and edited by ASGCA Environmental Committee chairman Bill Love, ASGCA.
The full-color, 57-page book includes background and instructions for anyone involved in the development of a new layout or the remodeling of an existing golf course. It begins with a historical overview of golf development and runs through the process by which a golf course is developed in concert with Mother Nature.
The book includes 18 new case studies from throughout North America that illustrate success stories in the industry. It also features a dramatically expanded reference section, listing seminal books and important websites for further information on the topic.
The book is available for purchase from ASGCA for $10. For ordering information, visit call 262/786-5960 or www.asgca.org.
- Remodel of Historic Wilmington GC Complete
- McIlroy to Move from Golf Course to Courtroom
- 66th Hudson Cup & 23rd Senior Hudson Cup Matches Set this Week at Tualatin Country Club
- Green Slopes for Strategy
- The Architect's Progress - No Rough at Crestwood Gives the Course a Little Pine Valley & Prairie Dunes Flavor (Part 3)