Featured Golf News
Funk Birdies the Last to Edge Lehman by One on Champions Tour
Fred Funk fired a 5-under 67 to win the Insperity Championship. The $1.7 million, 54-hole Champions Tour event took place at Woodlands Country Club in Texas.
The 55-year-old Funk totaled 14-under 202, one stroke ahead of fellow 36-hole co-leader, Tom Lehman, who shot a 68 Sunday. After just one birdie on the front nine, Funk carded four birdies on the 14th through 18th holes, with has last one on the closing par-4 - where he hit his approach to 2 feet - to secure his seventh victory on the over-50 circuit.
Woodlands Country Club is the site of Funk's first career victory, the PGA Tour's Houston Open in 1992. He also met his second wife, Sharon, at a post-tournament event that year. After Funk's latest win, Sharon ran onto the 18th green to congratulate him.
Mike Goodes (70) finished in solo third at 206, while another two strokes back were Dan Forsman (68), Bernhard Langer (69), Brad Bryant (72), Bobby Clampett (71) and Michael Allen (71).
For complete scoring, visit http://www.pgatour.com/s/leaderboard/.
- Remodel of Historic Wilmington GC Complete
- McIlroy to Move from Golf Course to Courtroom
- 66th Hudson Cup & 23rd Senior Hudson Cup Matches Set this Week at Tualatin Country Club
- Green Slopes for Strategy
- The Architect's Progress - No Rough at Crestwood Gives the Course a Little Pine Valley & Prairie Dunes Flavor (Part 3)