Featured Golf News
Frankly Helping to Grow the Game of Golf
September 27, 2004. Frankly Consulting of Championsgate, Fla., has come up with a program for golfers to participate in a nationwide on-line survey designed to grow the game. The Little Family Foundation, at the direction of its trustees, Arthur D. Little and Jann Leeming, has commissioned Frankly to conduct a study to gather information which will help golf course architects, course owners and golf officials to design and set up courses in ways that will satisfy and appropriately challenge players of all abilities.
Golfers can access the online survey via www.franklygolf.com or on the University of North Carolina’s site at http://ire.uncg.edu/surveys/gcourse.asp.
Frank Thomas, one of the leading authorities on golf equipment and technology and the founder of Frankly, said, “I believe, based on initial pilot study results, that this project has enormous significance for the game of golf and will potentially revitalize growth in every facet of the industry. The Little Family Foundation should be applauded for their foresight and this altruistic initiative to support the game.”
The survey takes less than 10 minutes to complete and will be available on various golf websites from September 27th through November 1st. Results of the survey will be available to the entire golfing community and also posted on the Frankly website.
Golfers who complete the survey will have the opportunity to enter into a drawing for prizes donated by the leading golf equipment companies that are supporting the project. Other supporters include golf media, golf associations and leading architects.
Frankly delivers independent equipment and research information to the golfing community on its website www.franklygolf.com as it seeks to help golfers and promote the game of golf worldwide. Thomas, the company’s president was the USGA’s technical director for more than 26 years. He serves as chief technical advisor to Golf Digest and The Golf Channel.
- Remodel of Historic Wilmington GC Complete
- McIlroy to Move from Golf Course to Courtroom
- 66th Hudson Cup & 23rd Senior Hudson Cup Matches Set this Week at Tualatin Country Club
- Green Slopes for Strategy
- The Architect's Progress - No Rough at Crestwood Gives the Course a Little Pine Valley & Prairie Dunes Flavor (Part 3)
- Master the Course with TomTom Golfer
- Company Retrieves, Restores & Resells Golf Balls
- Mobile App Feature Upgrade Combines Full Swing Driving & Putting with Real-Time Motion Metrics & Smart Video Capture
- Mizuno JPX-850 Driver Puts Golfers in Customization Control
- California Mom Turns Tragedy into Sun-Safe Clothing Line