Featured Golf News
Four Share Lead in 3M Championship
Chien Soon Lu, Steve Pate, Gil Morgan and Peter Senior all carded 7-under 65s to take a share of the lead one round of the 3M Championship. The $1.75 million Champions Tour event began Friday at TPC Twin Cities in Blaine, Minn.
Lu, a 52-year-old from Taiwan who began play on the 10th hole, carded birdies on the first two holes before parring out from there. But on his back nine, he had six birdies and a bogey for a 31. Pate had eight birdies and a bogey, while Senior had nine birdies and a pair of bogeys.
The 65-year-old Morgan shot his age thanks to seven birdies Friday. Morgan has won 25 Champions Tour titles, with his last victory coming in 2007 at Pebble Beach. Morgan turns 66 on September 25. "Maybe I'll get a chance to do it again," said Morgan, who also shot his age - 64 - last year.
Tom Jenkins, Joel Edwards and Mark McNulty all posted 66s, while Willie Wood, Joe Daley, David Frost, D.A. Weibring, Bernhard Langer and Jeff Hart shot 67s.
Defending champion Jay Haas opened with a 1-under 71.
For all the scores, visit http://www.pgatour.com/leaderboards/current/s568/.
- American Team All Set for Inaugural International Crown
- DeLaet Looking to Break Winless String for Canadians
- New Jersey's Apple Ridge Country Club Gets New Ownership
- Remodeled Country Club of Jackson to Host Sanderson Farms Championship
- USGA Announces Qualifying Sites for 2015 U.S. Amateur Four-Ball