Featured Golf News
Four Share Lead in 3M Championship
Chien Soon Lu, Steve Pate, Gil Morgan and Peter Senior all carded 7-under 65s to take a share of the lead one round of the 3M Championship. The $1.75 million Champions Tour event began Friday at TPC Twin Cities in Blaine, Minn.
Lu, a 52-year-old from Taiwan who began play on the 10th hole, carded birdies on the first two holes before parring out from there. But on his back nine, he had six birdies and a bogey for a 31. Pate had eight birdies and a bogey, while Senior had nine birdies and a pair of bogeys.
The 65-year-old Morgan shot his age thanks to seven birdies Friday. Morgan has won 25 Champions Tour titles, with his last victory coming in 2007 at Pebble Beach. Morgan turns 66 on September 25. "Maybe I'll get a chance to do it again," said Morgan, who also shot his age - 64 - last year.
Tom Jenkins, Joel Edwards and Mark McNulty all posted 66s, while Willie Wood, Joe Daley, David Frost, D.A. Weibring, Bernhard Langer and Jeff Hart shot 67s.
Defending champion Jay Haas opened with a 1-under 71.
For all the scores, visit http://www.pgatour.com/leaderboards/current/s568/.
- Remodel of Historic Wilmington GC Complete
- McIlroy to Move from Golf Course to Courtroom
- 66th Hudson Cup & 23rd Senior Hudson Cup Matches Set this Week at Tualatin Country Club
- Green Slopes for Strategy
- The Architect's Progress - No Rough at Crestwood Gives the Course a Little Pine Valley & Prairie Dunes Flavor (Part 3)