Featured Golf News
Expansion of Las Colinas Resort Underway
Officials with the Four Seasons Resort and Club at Las Colinas in Irving, Texas, have announced that work is underway on a multi-million dollar expansion that has been 20 years in the making.
"It is difficult to believe that two decades have passed since we first envisioned this incredible project," said Craig Reid, Four Seasons' general manager.
Located seven miles from the Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport, the resort opened in 1986. It boasts 357 guest rooms (397 by July 2006), a 30,000-square-foot executive conference center, two golf courses, a European-style spa and salon, a private sports club, four restaurants, four swimming pools, 12 tennis courts, racquetball and squash courts, three retails stores, restaurants and a child care center.
"This 400-acre resort has evolved into something bigger than any of us imagined," said Reid. "This resort literally defines Texas hospitality. It is the preferred destination for group and business travel in this part of the country. Our affiliation with the PGA Tour and Byron Nelson makes us an icon for championship golf. We look forward to another two decades of providing the best travel experience and the best service experience available in the marketplace."The project involves:
- Adding a new lake on the 18th hole of the TPC course. The project has been on the drawing board for more than three years pending completion of other projects. Golf architect Jay Morrish is handling this element.
- Forty more villa rooms in a two-story building that will match the style of the existing 50-villa room complex around the 18th green. Two suites will be named after past champions of the EDS Byron Nelson Championship. Construction of the new villas will be completed in May 2006 with availability to resort guests expected by July 1, 2006.
- A Wedding Lawn and Bridal Suite between the new villa complex and new lake on the east side of the resort. The new villas will feature a bridal suite facing the golf course.
- A new entrance to the Sports Club is planned for the south side of the building. It will feature a clock tower as a tribute to Byron Nelson, who is known for his love of woodworking and handcrafted clocks. This public area of the club will house Nelsonfs extensive collection of golf memorabilia as well as displays from the EDS Byron Nelson Championship. Work will be completed by early March 2006.
- Seasons Apparel and Golf Shop will have a new floor plan and interior design. The space will double in size to nearly 3,000 square feet. Work on the golf shop will be completed by during March 2006.
- The private Sports Club dining room and lounge will be expanded and remodeled. A new private banquet room will be added adjacent to the memberfs dining room for club and resort events, and an outdoor dining patio will extend along the length of the indoor dining room and banquet room. Work will be completed by the end of January 2006.
For additional information about the Four Seasons Resort and Club at Las Colinas, visit www.fourseasons.com/dallas.
- American Team All Set for Inaugural International Crown
- DeLaet Looking to Break Winless String for Canadians
- New Jersey's Apple Ridge Country Club Gets New Ownership
- Remodeled Country Club of Jackson to Host Sanderson Farms Championship
- USGA Announces Qualifying Sites for 2015 U.S. Amateur Four-Ball