Featured Golf News
Donations Being Accepted at American Lake Veterans Course
The American Lake Veterans Golf Course in Spanaway, Wash., has become an important location for many military veterans. A combination of returnees from Iraq and Afghanistan and residents of the Washington Soldiers Home in Orting are finding multiple benefits from hitting a golf ball.
From amputees to those struggling with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder to those just trying to re-enter society, hours spent on the links are proving helpful.
The facility is now accepting donations since most of the vets do not have their own golf equipment. Clubs, balls and bags are needed. The golf clubs do not have to be in a set, and single clubs are fine. Any donations will be appreciated and put to use.
For those interested, bring donated equipment to the Pierce County Community Action, 3602 Pacific Ave., Suite 200. Donations will be accepted through November 7.
For additional information, contact Cindy Gorgas, Program Manager of Community Services, at 253/798-2714; or communication specialist Carol Mockridge at 253/798-6228. For more information about the course, visit http://alvetsgolfcourse.com.
- Western Amateur Update: Hardy Dominates; Campbell Wins in 23 Holes; Ghim Loses Epic Match to Hossler; Aussies, New Zealanders Out
- Watney Pushes Lead at Barracuda Championship
- Sergio Muy Caliente at Firestone
- Dawson Up by One at 3M Championship; Langer One Back
- FOX Sports' Golf-Broadcasting Team Filling Up