Featured Golf News
Construction Nears Completion at Delta Course
Golfers in Delta, Colorado aren’t the only ones looking forward to the completion of Devil’s Thumb Golf Club. Local realtors are also excited about the upcoming layout, anticipating it will help sell homes in the area. The 18-hole, par-72 track is set to open in late August or early September of this year.
The desert-style, 7,300-yard course was designed by local architect Richard Phelps and built by Niebur Golf of Colorado Springs. Incorporating rolling fairways and strategic bunkering, Devil’s Thumb will feature a clubhouse and a 15,000-square-foot practice green, according to Bill LaPointe, Delta’s Parks, Recreation and Culture Director.
“Prime-time” green fees are slated to cost $30, and $28 for off-hours. Cart rentals are $10 per player. LaPointe noted that possible collaborative programs with Deer Creek Golf Course in Cedaredge may be a possibility. For more information, contact Delta’s Department of Parks, Recreation and Culture via e-mail at email@example.com.
- Remodel of Historic Wilmington GC Complete
- McIlroy to Move from Golf Course to Courtroom
- 66th Hudson Cup & 23rd Senior Hudson Cup Matches Set this Week at Tualatin Country Club
- Green Slopes for Strategy
- The Architect's Progress - No Rough at Crestwood Gives the Course a Little Pine Valley & Prairie Dunes Flavor (Part 3)