Featured Golf News
Cinks Set Pace Father/Son Challenge
Stewart Cink and his son Connor got off to a blazing start in the Father/Son Challenge at the Grande Lakes course in Orlando. The pair birdied three of the final five holes for an 11-under 61 and a one-stroke lead in the scramble event.
The elder Cink concluded their opening effort with an 8-foot birdie putt on the 18th hole. "We were a really good team out there," Stewart Cink told reporters.
"We had fun and fed off each other. This was a good time for us to spend together and it turned out today was a really good day of chemistry."
One stroke back in the 36-hole tournament are Steve and Sam Elkington, while posting a 63 were Jack Nicklaus and his son Gary. The 73-year-old Jack - golf's all-time major winner with 18 titles - canned a 10-foot birdie putt on the last.
"I helped (on) a hole!" he exclaimed.
Defending champions Davis Love III and his son Dru carded a 64 to share fourth with Vijay and Qass Singh, Hale and Steve Irwin and David Duval and stepson Dean Karavites.
Two daughters are playing in the 2013 event. Bernhard Langer and his daughter Christina posted a 66, while Fuzzy Zoeller and his daughter Gretchen Chappo had a 70.
For all the scores, visit http://www.pgatour.com/champions/daily-wrapup/2013/12/14/PNC-1.html.
- Remodel of Historic Wilmington GC Complete
- McIlroy to Move from Golf Course to Courtroom
- 66th Hudson Cup & 23rd Senior Hudson Cup Matches Set this Week at Tualatin Country Club
- Green Slopes for Strategy
- The Architect's Progress - No Rough at Crestwood Gives the Course a Little Pine Valley & Prairie Dunes Flavor (Part 3)