Featured Golf News
Caril Wins 2001 Aloha Section Assistants
Hapuna Golf Course assistant pro Kevin Caril shot a 69 to go with his first-round 72 to win the 2001 Aloha Section PGA Assistant Championship. The event, sponsored by TaylorMade and Adidas, was held at the 6,800-yard, par-72 Ko Olina Golf Club on Oahu.
Scotty Kaneko of Waikele Golf Club finished at 142, one stroke behind Caril. Kaneko qualified for the National Assistants tournament as Caril is no longer eligible after taking a new position as the teaching professional at Koolau Golf Club. That national event will take place October 25-28 on the South Course at the PGA Golf Club at the Reserve in Port St. Lucie, Florida.
- McIlroy to Move from Golf Course to Courtroom
- 66th Hudson Cup & 23rd Senior Hudson Cup Matches Set this Week at Tualatin Country Club
- Green Slopes for Strategy
- The Architect's Progress - No Rough at Crestwood Gives the Course a Little Pine Valley & Prairie Dunes Flavor (Part 3)
- December a Big Month for Tiger - and Golf