Featured Golf News
Cambodia's First Regulation Course Set to Open
Golfers can now combine a visit to the temples of Angkor with time spent on the greens of southeast Asia’s newest course. The Phokeethra Country Club at the Sofitel Royal Angkor Golf and Spa Resort is preparing for a “soft” opening in May with the 18-hole course expected to be fully operational the following month.
Cambodia’s first international-standard golf course is located close to the town of Siem Reap, the gateway to the mighty temple complex and UNESCO World Heritage Site.
The par-72 layout extends the appeal of one of Siem Reap’s finest hotels and provides an experience unavailable elsewhere in the rapidly emerging Cambodia.
Destination specialist Silk Road and Beyond incorporates a Phokeethra Country Club golf package as part of its 15-day Classic Cambodia and 12-day Temples & Beaches. Prices start from £1690 based on two-person occupancy. The cost includes flights with Thai Airways International via Bangkok, accommodations in four-star hotels and the services of local English-speaking guides on full sightseeing programs.
For further details, call Silk Road and Beyond on 020 7371 3131 or visit www.silkroadandbeyond.co.uk.
- McIlroy to Move from Golf Course to Courtroom
- 66th Hudson Cup & 23rd Senior Hudson Cup Matches Set this Week at Tualatin Country Club
- Green Slopes for Strategy
- The Architect's Progress - No Rough at Crestwood Gives the Course a Little Pine Valley & Prairie Dunes Flavor (Part 3)
- December a Big Month for Tiger - and Golf