Featured Golf News
Calcavecchia Set for Champions Tour Debut
Mark Calcavecchia is set to make his debut on the over-50 circuit in the Dick's Sporting Goods Open. The Champions Tour event will be held June 25-27 at En-Joie Golf Course in Endicott, N.Y.
The 1989 British Open champion and 12-time PGA Tour winner turns 50 on June 12. Calcavecchia currently ranks 17th in career earnings. His best finish on the PGA Tour this year is a tie for 24th at the Puerto Rico Open.
"Mark and I had an opportunity to speak last fall and he is very excited about joining the Champions Tour," said tournament director John Karedes. "He had already heard that the Dick's Sporting Goods Open was a premiere event on the Champions Tour; this coupled with the fact that he is familiar with the golf course made it a no-brainer that this is where he was going to make his debut."
Calcavecchia played in six B.C. Opens, a former PGA Tour event at En-Joie, the last time in 1993.
- American Team All Set for Inaugural International Crown
- DeLaet Looking to Break Winless String for Canadians
- New Jersey's Apple Ridge Country Club Gets New Ownership
- Remodeled Country Club of Jackson to Host Sanderson Farms Championship
- USGA Announces Qualifying Sites for 2015 U.S. Amateur Four-Ball