Featured Golf News
Cactus Heights Course May Be Expanded
Local businessman, Darrel Viereck, may be acquiring the nine-hole Cactus Heights Golf Course in Sioux Falls. In May 2001 Viereck was evaluating the property before making an offer to the Peterson family, the course’s current owner. If Viereck purchases the course, he will add another nine holes.
Viereck’s involvement stems from a separate residential development underway next to Cactus Heights. That project, called Mt. Villa, is being overseen by Ted Thoms of Thoms Company Real Estate in Sioux Falls. Thoms has built eight of the proposed 22 condominiums on a four-acre site located off West Clubview Drive.
The housing development has created some controversy. Rick Peterson, one of the course’s co-owners, is disappointed by how the project has unfolded. “I’m just concerned about the esthetics of development of some of the land based on some of the promises made to me,” Peterson told the Sioux Falls Argus Leader in April.
- Remodel of Historic Wilmington GC Complete
- McIlroy to Move from Golf Course to Courtroom
- 66th Hudson Cup & 23rd Senior Hudson Cup Matches Set this Week at Tualatin Country Club
- Green Slopes for Strategy
- The Architect's Progress - No Rough at Crestwood Gives the Course a Little Pine Valley & Prairie Dunes Flavor (Part 3)