Featured Golf News
Al Badia Golf Resort Ready to Open
The 18-hole championship Al Badia Golf Resort at Dubai Festival City, the “city-within-a-city” destination being built on the banks of Dubai Creek, will open this month for invited VIP play.
“Great efforts have gone into ensuring the quality of this course, which will substantially add to Dubai’s overall golfing tourism proposition,” said Roger Morris, general manager of Al Badia Golf Resort.
The waterfront course, designed by golf architect Robert Trent Jones II, will host its first daily-fee customers in February. “Limited pay-and-play will begin in February and be stepped up over the following months as we assess client feedback,” added Morris.
In October, the Al Futtaim Group, developer of the 1,600-acre Dubai Festival City project, signed a letter of intent with Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts to manage the resort’s luxury hotel and oversee the Al Badia Golf Resort’s clubhouse and associated amenities.Al Badia is the first golf course in the Four Seasons management portfolio in the Middle East – the company currently manages 11 courses around the world.
The above article originally appeared in ASIA Travel Tips.
- McIlroy to Move from Golf Course to Courtroom
- 66th Hudson Cup & 23rd Senior Hudson Cup Matches Set this Week at Tualatin Country Club
- Green Slopes for Strategy
- The Architect's Progress - No Rough at Crestwood Gives the Course a Little Pine Valley & Prairie Dunes Flavor (Part 3)
- December a Big Month for Tiger - and Golf