Featured Golf News
Africa Open Suspended - Van Zyl Leads
Jaco Van Zyl carded a 6-under 66 to take the leaderboard's top spot in the Africa Open. The European Tour event began Thursday at East London Golf Club in Eastern Cape, South Africa.
Van Zyl, a 33-year-old South African, carded five birdies, an eagle on the par-5 15th and a bogey in the first round that was eventually suspended due to darkness.
High winds halted play for nearly three hours, which didn't allow the entire field to finish the opening 18 holes.
Adilson Da Silva is a stroke back after firing five birdies in his first six holes. After two pars, the Brazilian left the course and will return Friday to complete the first round.
England's John Parry posted a 68, and Oliver Bekker had a 69.
For complete scoring details, visit http://www.europeantour.com/europeantour/season=2013/tournamentid=2013013/leaderboard/index.html?showLeaderboard=Y.
- McIlroy to Move from Golf Course to Courtroom
- 66th Hudson Cup & 23rd Senior Hudson Cup Matches Set this Week at Tualatin Country Club
- Green Slopes for Strategy
- The Architect's Progress - No Rough at Crestwood Gives the Course a Little Pine Valley & Prairie Dunes Flavor (Part 3)
- December a Big Month for Tiger - and Golf